Product Options is a robust options app that helps you offer more to your customers. You can use it to offer additional sizing, colour selection, fabric types, and more.
1. Install Bold Product Options
- Navigate to the Bold Product Options page in the Shopify app store.
- If it prompts you, enter your .myshopify.com URL.
- Accept the App Permissions, then select Install App.
- Select Start Free Trial to approve the future monthly charges.
Note: If you have previously installed the app, you will be prompted to pay the first month's fee right away.
- Read through and accept the terms and conditions.
2. Select a Plan
Bold Product Options has two price plans which are currently available: The Basic plan, and Premium plan. For more information on the features included within these two plans, please visit our Bold Product Options app page.
When Product Options is installed to your store, it will default to the Basic plan.
To adjust which plan your store is currently on, please follow these steps:
- From within the Bold Product Options app, select Settings.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Upgrade Plan, then select the Premium plan.
3. Install the Liquid Code
Bold Product Options requires that Liquid code be added to your Shopify theme in order to work properly. This includes making sure that the options appear on your product pages, and that orders complete properly.
There are three options for completing this installation on your store:
- Automatic Install - This option automatically adds the Bold Product Options code to your theme.
- Expert Install - Have one of Bold's experts add the code to your store manually.
- Manual Install - View our step-by-step guide to manually add all of the Bold Product Options code to your theme.
For more information on completing each step, please visit our Installation Guide for Bold Product Options.
4. Create Options & Option Sets
With Bold Product Options, you will be creating options for your products, as well as option sets. It's important to understand the difference between them so you can easily create them.
An option set is a group that keeps all options together, in order to display on a product page on your store. The options are what is added within a set, to be different customizable items for your customers to select.
For more information on creating your option sets, please Create your options and option sets.
5. Create Conditional Logic (optional)
Conditional Logic is the ability to make certain options appear when your customers make specific selections on your store.
For more information, please visit our article on Creating Conditional Logic.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article